St Swithun Nately Scures
In the west end
gallery at St Swithun Nately Scures is a four-stop one-manual pipe organ with
pedal-board, built by George Osmond of Taunton
who traded from the late 1880s until the middle of the 20th century.
Osmond worked for several years for the organ builder John Edward Minns who had set up in business in Taunton in 1879. On the retirement of Minns in 1895, he purchased the firm and ran it until his retirement in 1939, remaining then as a Director until 1944. He died a few years later but the firm continued until well into the second half of the century.To view the St Swithun Nately Scures page on the National Pipe Organ Register please click here.